Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The word on the street

I love words. I'm ecstatic because Jaya does too. In honor of this post, I asked her what her current favorite words are. She said:

milkie
enemy
cankers
eyes
lotion
മൂക്
camping
fixer
piddle (not sure what that is, but apparently it hurts if it gets under your eyelids)

Since she loves words so much, we've been watching these. Ingenious.

Another brilliant way to spend time is this. If you want to procrastinate, you might as well improve your vocabulary and the world.

A series of words I just finished and highly recommend is this.

And words I would use to describe these:

devotion, rapture, tenacity and joy (among others)

2 comments:

stacie said...

I am from America! lol.

I spent a good 30 mins playing on freerice today. Excellent. Thank you for the introduction. I love language.

I just started a good book yesterday called Remembering Wholeness by Carol Tuttle. I have wanted to read it for quite some time and found it at the Desert Industries for $1.00. Perhaps I'll come across the Kite Runner- I want to read that book too.

Madhu said...

rapture is the word.
UMA pilaray!