Sunday, January 18, 2009

A friend of ours who lives nearby called for a taxi today...

When he got in, the driver said to him, "I thought I was coming here to pick up that foreign family, do you know them?"
"Which one?"
"The ones with the 2 kids - the husband is a pastor, and his wife looks like Halle Berry."

(We found this hilarious.)

6 comments:

Laura said...

LOL. This is classic! And, I'm sure you have heard the Halle Berry thing before--I've definitley thought about you as her look alike myself.

stacie said...

OOohhh. Hey Halle what is up! That is hilarious.

Unknown said...

It's obvious that you and Halle Berry look alike- but is Marei a pastor? If so, I had no idea!

I miss you guys.

xo jeanne

Leatha said...

That's what makes it so funny! We've heard the Halle Berry thing quite a few times here - but pastor? We were just rolling, picturing Marei standing at a pulpit preaching fire and brimstone. Not that all preachers do this, it was just the funniest possible image for us to imagine Marei doing that.

Emmy said...

HA! What a funny story! Glad you wrote it down - it's really quite a compliment to both of you. You are gorgeous (we all already knew that) and your husband looks like clergy. . . hahahah. . awesome!!

the quirky one said...

It's been a while since I have had time to read everyone's blogs, so I apologize for the late commenting, but this was wonderful!!! What nice compliments for you both!