Sunday, July 13, 2008

Beach Outing

We finally made it to the beach! We joined our friends on a trip to the Portofino Resort, about a half hour from where we live. We had so much fun. As you can see, the water is so clear, and the beach is just beautiful. Our friends kept telling us, wait until you see one of our white sand beaches...
Jaya went nonstop all day, and could not get enough of swimming and playing in the sand. Raja just loved it too, splashing and kicking around. He even napped in the ocean, as he fell asleep on me in the mei tai. Jaya is learning how to go under water. She doesn't like water in her eyes, so she was very excited about her new goggles. They are serving double duty at bathtime. Raja, on the other hand, loves to splash and splash, and doesn't seem to care one bit about water in his eyes, salty or not. He has, however, developed an unusual fear of basketballs and volleyballs and the like. (See below).
What a great day. We were all so worn out from swimming, that all four of us fell asleep at 8:30 that night. Jaya keeps talking about "da ocean." We're all excited that this was just the first of many trips to the beach.

5 comments:

Madhu said...

So funny great minds think alike .
I sent her an "island girl" outfit(it actually says those exact words ( Rajas outfit says "island basketball").

ranasioux said...

Ohhh I love that song. You two are such cool, hip parents. And those babies are darling. I was telling LaVar it looks like you guys are on a year long vacation. FUN!! I also told him to start making the big bucks so I can come over. I check your page everyday and I must say, my its improving my vocab. (I also tell Lavar how smart you are leatha). As for you bro, get as much sun as you can. Here I thought I was the only one who glowed....love ya

the quirky one said...

Wow, the water was beautiful! You guys look like you were having a blast there! What a fun beach to take the kids to! And that Island girl picture of Jaya makes here look so grown up! It is wonderful!

Andrea Fowler said...

A couple of comments:

1. All the pics are amazing! They seriously look professional!
2. But...Where are the pics of you, Leatha?
3. I can't believe how much Jaya is looking like her mama.
4. The beach is beautiful. Such clear water and white sand. It looks like you all had a really fun day.

Melissa Thorson said...

Oh sweet litle Jaybugs!!! I miss her so much!! She look so cute in her little bikini. Raja is getting so big! I watched the video of him crawling and it was the sweetest thing ever, but all I could think was they need to have another baby! :) You guys make the most beautiful family, you shouldn't stop short of ten kids. :) LOVE YOU!! Miss you!!